Saturday 4 June 2011

4th June - morning exploring Roddlesworth again

Today was more of a walk and explore, with only a few chances to take photo's. This first picture was taken from a slightly different position to show the little footbridge over the stream feeding the reservoir.
Taken at the bottom of the dam - the flow is only due to the Water Authority taking water from the reservoir. The moss covered stones in the middle of the water are cut and shaped posts, so I do wonder where they should have been placed?
I have taken this photo before - in the autumn - but stood once more in the river, taking this, waiting for the sun to light the scene, I noticed the reflection in the pool
I found this waterfall in the last blog - and commented I wanted to take it from river level - well I cheated a little - fixing the camera to the tripod at full height, I then turned it upside down, before lowering it carefully to the water - having made sure my feet where safe - this was a 4sec exposure, so balancing over the edge, holding everything still for that long is another issue - hope the result is pleasing to you all.


2 comments:

  1. nice waterfall shots drew, look nice and peaceful mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a peaceful place - not many ppl visit it as its very hard to get too

    ReplyDelete